How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109047
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife got her 2 year conditional card and recently got a

Customer Question

my wife got her 2 year conditional green card and recently got a good paying job, now she wants to split all of a sudden. What are my options as far as reporting her for fraud.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

When was the date she got her 2 year green card? What evidence do you have that she was only in it for the green card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We went to our green card interview at the begining of August and she found out it was approved around mid August. Towards the end of August she scored a 95k/year job and it was like some flicked a switch. She basically demanded a divorce. We tried marriage counseling but she basically has said nothing I can do will change her mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ever since receiving green card and job she has been very resentful and she even spent a weekend with a so called guy "friend"
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Believe me, I want to help you get her deported because things like this really upset me, but what evidence will you be able to provide that it wasn't just a marriage that was real but fell apart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has told me she doesn't care about divorcing me and how it may affect her status because she says she is guaranteed 2 years and can work for that amount of time and go back to Europe or Russia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of evidences would I need
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I would get witness statements, emails, letters, recordings, anything you can get to prove that she just married you for the green card.

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

1) You can go to and file the report there.

2) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(866)(###) ###-####

3) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

I hope you can prove it. She deserves to be deported.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions