How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4732
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a staffing company, some weeks ago I received a call

Customer Question

We are a staffing company, some weeks ago I received a call from a Master's student who needed OPT extension done and after reviewing his profile we thought he is good fit for a position we have with our client. He was very eager to get his OPT extension
done and wanted us to give our EVerify number, and offer letter to get the OPT Extension done and after OPT extension he promised he would work with us. We obliged and gave him all he needed, but once he got all the documentation he disappeared. I suspect
on SEVIS/USCIS record we are still his employer of record, but he is not working with us , he did not even join us yet and not answering any calls. We have his OPT card(expired one), I-9 with SSN etc. I want to have him reported to proper authorities to make
sure we do not show up as his employer and liabilities there of. And to set the record straight and make sure he is not gong to dupe any more employers like us. Again its catch 22, we have to give him letters to get his extension so that he could work, what
would we do in future if we are presented with this situation to not get duped again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

You can and should report him to ICE for this fraud he has committed. The Homeland Security Investigations should be able to point you in the right direction. There are 26 of these offices. I cannot see what state you are in. Here is the list of each with their phone numbers. Call the one nearest you

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. I am just checking whether you were able to read my answer and if you needed me to clarify anything.

Please let me know. I hope I have earned your positive rating.


Related Immigration Law Questions