How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 102192
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mu wife an American citzen. And we live both of us on United

Customer Question

Hi mu wife an American citzen. And we live both of us on United Arab Emirates. What form should i use. I have been told i need this forms 1) i-130. 2) i-485. 3) g-1145 And the coast its 420 dollar for i130 and. 1070 dollar for form i-485. And we should
send them to Chicago. With a copy of marriage certificate translated to engilsh and copy of the orginal one. Plus copy of her passport and personal passport pic for me and her. So is anything that i missed?? Many thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am guessing you want to request a greencard based on marriage. You kind of have the right idea, but let me explain the rest.

The I-130 (petition for alien relative) is the primary application. All the rest is secondary.

The I-485 is not required if both of you are living outside the USA at time of filing.

You can find STEP BY STEP procedure and links to all forms HERE. That should clarify everything.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When sholud i apllay for the i 485?
When i reach united state ??
Ir no need at all ??
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

No need at all if you plan to stay outside USA for the application process.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!