Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

My dad is a united states resident but a felony he wants me

Customer Question

My dad is a united states resident but a felony he wants me to migrate to him what form should he use to help me. I'm telling only form I see to be use is I 130 first step he is telling me no because when he filled out his form to become resident it but my name down as a dependant as a result im in the system . I'm now over 21 I have a daughter don't really no my dad but I want to trust him but I saying something different from what he is saying help please
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It does not matter if he put you down on his form or not, if you want to come in on a family visa entry, then you are correct in that the I-130 is what you need to file. Unless you can qualify for admission with your child on some other basis for coming to the US where you do not need to rely on the family basis for visa, you are the one who is correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a different form used 2 get a social security number. Is there any other or other form he can use 2 help me. What if I'm in usa already because he is telling me to come

Thank you for your reply.

You are going to have to file a request for SSN with the SSA once your visa status is approved. So you have to get your immigration status approved first to get an SSN. If you are already in the US and are here legally right now, you are going to have to complete the visa approval process and get that accepted or if you are not here on a legal visa you must leave the US to complete your visa process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a form that has 2 be filled out, what is the visa approval proceeduse is this a different form from I130
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in usa I'm good 6 months but trying to get status change before time expires

Thank you for your reply.

There is no other visa approval different from the I-130 unless you can find an employer here willing to hire you and apply you for an employment visa such as an H-1b visa which would allow you to remain and work in the US and work to apply for your green card based on that visa. So you have to go through the I-130 or you have to find some employer willing to take you on as an employee and get you an employment visa to remain.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me he got this blue & white form 2 fill out for me come in post

Thank you for your reply.

I do not know what form he is referring to, I am sorry, but you need to find that out and let us know, since most all of the forms are the same blue and white color.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey good day, can you recommend me a immigration lawyer in Chicago.

Thank you for your reply.

State law and site rules do not allow us to make personal referrals, the best we can do is suggest using the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org and http://www.lexmundi.com.

Please understand the experts on this site are not employees of the site, so while you may have made a deposit to the site, the expert has not received anything and does not receive anything until the customer leaves positive feedback. As such, please do not forget to leave the feedback, thank you.