How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28811
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to replace my lost ( actually lost when my purse

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace my lost ( actually lost when my purse was stolen) green card. How can I find my class of admission number and date?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for requesting me!

Please be sure to file a police report for the stolen purse which had your card in it. You will need to send a copy with the I-90.

You won't have that information unless you kept your welcome letter from USCIS when your status was approved, or if you received an immigrant visa in home country it would be on the visa stamp and entry date in the passport.

Did you adjust here or get an immigrant visa in home country?

It is not a critical bit of information because USCIS will have this in your electronic file which they review when adjudicating your request to replace the card.

Depending on what you tell me we may just put "unknown" in those boxes.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.

Related Immigration Law Questions