How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4741
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had to get a co sponsor k1 visa. on our cosponsors w2,

Customer Question

we had to get a co sponsor for our k1 visa. on our cosponsors w2 for 2014, (which is all we need right), it says 25997.93 from MAC cosmetics job. which he says makes the required poverty line(and it does because he sponsors no one else, or has kids
or spouse) he has a second job but he makes enough in a year not to put it as far as we know. although we made the mistake of not having his employer list the annual yearly base or whatever it's called. but we'll get that. i also think he gave us his tax returns
from his other job because it's more than his w2 from MAC cosmetics, and it lists his occupation as server and it's 29248.00 which is higher than his w2?. is this normal? his employer wrote his position as MAC artist. is it possible he sent me the wrong tax
return? or that's just what was just what they listed it as? i thought on the I-134 you don't have to turn in their tax return or w2. also his bank summary deposit thing. shows he has an average balance of (12 months) 247.00. this is because he lives in west
hollywood and it's after his bills and stuff are paid. does this look bad? could this affect us? should we make him get his bank deposits from the past year ? and he gave us his tax returns from his other job. i got the letter in the mail dated aug 25 from
NVC saying they are sending this over to his embassy now. so i'm assuming within this month we need to get this stuff together. please get back to me when you can. you guys have been very helpful through this whole process
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

For the I-134, you don't have to send W-2 or Income tax returns. However, when there is a joint sponsor involved. It is recommended that the joint sponsor provide an employment verification letter, Last income tax return and last W-2. Bank statements are not necessary and should not be submitted in your case. It will just confuse things. So no, you don't need bank deposits or anything else bank related.

$25, 997 does meet the poverty guideline for 2 people so that is fine.

Tax returns are not per job. Tax returns are per person/per year. That means he should only have one tax return for 2014 and it should have all the income he earned in both jobs on it. So I'm a little confused on what you mean by he "gave us his tax returns from his other job".

You have to ask him for the 2014 Tax Return (Form 1040 usually). Since he made enough in one job, he only needs to provide an employer verification letter from MAC. The employer from MAC should only be mentioning his job in MAC and not anything else.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
may i attach his tax return file to you, so u can tell me that this amount is accurate. I'm sorry if i confused u about two tax returns for two different jobs... i have never filed before. i get social security disability, and i havent filed. when i did work, i always paid someone to do my taxes/w2 stuff. that clarified a lot! because my fiance and i were confused !!! when it said occupation: server, as his tax return we didn't know if that was from his job as a server. will this still work then since he's showing his income from his employer which listed him as MAC artist. ? And since this tax return is 29,248.00 that's what he made in that year? but his employer for MAC, put he is part-time makes 19 an hour, position, started in 2007, but didnt say his yearly base salary. is it possible he may have to the other employer to state how much he made in that year? or is it okay if he just gives the letter from employer even if it's less than what shows on the tax return?so bank deposits arent neccessary? and it said you had to have an officer of the bank to say when it opened and current amount right, but you're saying it's not necessary ? or is? because it shows average balance for 12 months is 247.00.... doesnt that look bad? can i attach 1 thing just to have u check it out please? you did amazing for the most part on answering. this has been very helpful.also for me i just need to have a copy from social security showing how much i get a month and a bank summary from bank officer or something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a learning disability, so i'm sorry if my questions i just asked again sound silly to you... if you feel u already answered it. and so it's okay if his letter from the employer is less than what the tax returns shows, just as long as it's pretty much over 20,000? does it matter that the occupation says server? sorry it took so long to reply. i had a dentist appointment.! please get back to me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u please answer me about the bank question, do i even need that from the officer of the bank? and his letter from employer he doesnt have a base salary, it's hourly. but he told me he makes enough from this job. what do i do? please reply fast.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still around? no one is answering me :/
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I"m sorry for the delay. I'll be with you in a few minutes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** by my phone
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It may take longer. I can't get to my computer.. But I will get back to you by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll be waiting, i appreciate you letting me know.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry. I understand you fine. It was just a miscommunication.

I have looked at the tax returns. These will not be enough unfortunately because the gross income is showing under $19,000 even though it shows $29,000 in the other area. I believe you will need another joint sponsor that show sufficient amount in their taxes under the gross income. This will be an issue even if you submit bank statements. Bank statements won't change anything. You won't need them.

The important thing is the income taxes. Do you have anyone else that can be a joint sponsor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have anyone else to do this ?! This is my friends friend! I tried for 6 months! This guy was hard enough to get for us! As is! What do u mean under 19,000? Another lAwyer has showed me that section where it's suppose to show the amount and that's where the 29,000 part is. As well as someone who worked for h&r block. I have both his w2 as well. Omg....
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you showed it to another attorney and they said it was fine, then you can take the risk of sending the income tax return you sent me together with the W-2 that shows $29,000 for his server position. You may receive a Request for Additional Evidence and at that point you can try to respond to whatever documents they still need. The MAC letter does not help by itself to send with this income tax return because this return states he works as a "server" so he needs a letter from his employer where he is a server.

Again, he needs a letter from his employer where is a server. Worst case, submit everything and then USCIS will write to you asking for additional documents and then you send those. They will not just deny the case.

You do not need bank statements or anything related to the bank. You can stop worrying about all related to that.

For you, yes you can just send a copy of what you receive from social security since you don't file an income tax. You don't need anything related to your bank either.

Hope that helps and that I have now earned your positive rating.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again- I am just checking in if you were able to view my answer to you. Do you need me to clarify anything for you?

Hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Thanks!