How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108998
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a brazilian citizen and started a company in US 4

Customer Question

I am a brazilian citizen and started a company in US 4 months ago and my visa is B1/B2. Now I have been feeling that I need to be more often close to the company as it grows and daily challenges are difficult to be solved without me in US. What can I do
to have a Visa that allows me to stay in US and be authorized to operate my company?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

How much money have you invested in the U.S. company so far? How many U.S. jobs has the business created? And in what city has the company been established?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for you response1. I have invested U$200,000.00
2. I created 1 US job, and will hire 4 more people until the end of October
3. Kissimmee FLThis is a trucking company with 4 semi-trucks and I intend to have 16 more trucks until dec-2016
I have the possibility of opening another company to buy the rest of the trucks instead of adding them to the current company, if doing so in another city, where the employment level is lower than where I am now would make the process easier, I could do it.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. If you only have Brazilian citizenship, then you cannot qualify for the E-2 investment visa. You would have to have citizenship in another country in order to qualify for the E-2. If you do, then here is a link:

If you own a business outside of the U.S. for more than 1 year and will continue to run that business, you can try for an L-1A visa. Here is a link to that, but keep in mind that both businesses have to be run and should be successful. You can't just come to the U.S. and forget about the business outside and let it die:

The L-1A is the better visa because you can usually get to a green card 2 or so years after you get the L-1A.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions