Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a permanent resident of US, married years. Have been in

Customer Question

I am a permanent resident of US, married for 30 years. Have been in US for 45 years. I just got let go from my job. went to apply for unemloyment. That is when I noticed that my card actually expired 2 years ago. What happens now?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Do you have a 10 year green card or a 2 year green card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought ten years. But it expired 8/5/13
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time goes by so fast and I have been here so long, I dont think about the "Green Card". Could I just go ahead and apply to be citizen instead of renewing my green card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Senmartin, Are you still there. Please respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not charge me 52.00. I am just trying to get a response for my initial 45.00 Question that has not been satisfied yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Senmartin, are you still online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would do a phone call but cannot afford the additional charge. Please respond via email or webpage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting on the full answer. Please post.

Sorry about the delay. I am out of town on business and have intermittent connectivity. If you have a 10 year green card (which I am pretty sure you do), then you are still a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident even with an expired card. You can apply directly for U.S. Citizenship without having to renew the card. So that can save you money. Or you can apply to renew the card as well because that happens to be cheaper filing the I-90 versus filing the N-400. Here are the links:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!