Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I'm applying Fiance visa fiance. I want to know if DS 260 is

Customer Question
I'm applying for K1 Fiance...
I'm applying for K1 Fiance visa for my fiance. I want to know if DS 260 is required for this application. I receipt an email from consular office which gives a link to this site: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.html. Here they've said DS 260 is required for all immigrant applicants. When I try to fill up DS 260 at https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx. It asks for Invoice Number which I do not have from the letter I received from NVC. Is DS 260 really required for K1 Fiance visa? Or it is only required for Spouse visa?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/23/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces before leaving the site today.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: No, the alien does not use DS-260. The K-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa, even though the goal is to immigrte to the US. So s/he needs to file form DS-160: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer