How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11891
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife had a card years, attended university in the states,

Customer Question

My wife had a green card for 15 years, attended university in the states, has a social security number, student loans and so on but we gave up the green card in 2011 because of being hassled entering immigration every time she entered. The immigration
officials advised us to give it up and told us that the detaining would happen with regularity due to our contract work overseas as a resident alien card means you need to reside in the US. The hassle was about living and working abroad but maintaining the
green card. We didn't intend to return and stay here this time but the situation was beyond our choosing. Now I'm worried about our family being ripped apart.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting my assistance again. Please, let's finish with the other question with a rating, and then work on this question at the same time.

Please answer the following:

What is your question as it relates to this background?

Related Immigration Law Questions