How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108638
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This means my company need o bring I least 200,000 $ in

Customer Question

For Guillermo Hi, so this means my company need o bring I least 200,000 $ in cash ? We do already own a house in NY state and we have also a bank account in U.S. with 200 000$ - could they be used for this purpose? Merci, Eva
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me by name. $200,000 is a good amount for an E-2 visa. You cannot use the value of your home, but you can use the money that you control in your back account. However, to get the E-2, the money cannot just be sitting in a bank account. You will have to spend most if not all of it on the business like purchasing products, computers, hiring employees, etc. They want to see the business up and the money invested to grant the E-2.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions