Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

On part 11 question 9 of the application I have list

Customer Question

On part 11 question 9 of the application I have list associations and organizations I belonged to. I have had membership cards, both for professional organizations, such as the Modern Language Association or the American Association of Teachers of German, but also hobby or interest organizations, such as the New England Wildflower Society, the Museum of Fine Arts or Amnesty International. I cannot possibly remember all or the exact dates of membership. What shall I do here? I don't want to come across as a lier.
Also, right now I serve on two of my town committees as an appointee by the Selectman. I did not run for office since I am not a citizen. Mentioning those committees might raise a flag, since the reviewer might think that I ran for office without being a citizen. What shall I do here?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What form are you working on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
N400
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When will I hear back from you?

Sir/Madam,

Please note it was 15 minutes from the time I requested additional information from you until you responded. And it has only been 3 minutes since you've responded. I ask that you be patient with me, as I may be working with other customers in the order their questions and responses were received. Also, when you prompt me to respond, it puts your question at the bottom of the list of first come, first served questions. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.

OK, thank you very much for the information, and your continued patience. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

While I know the N-400 process creates anxiety for applicants, the concerns you are experiencing are nothing to be worried about.

QUESTION: I cannot possibly remember all or the exact dates of membership. What shall I do here?

ANSWER: All you are tasked with doing is providing as much information as you can, to the best of your knowledge. So if there is something you do not remember, leave it blank, and then in an addendum to the form, explain that you cannot remember specific dates of membership. This will not determine the outcome of the application for naturalization.

QUESTION: Also, right now I serve on two of my town committees as an appointee by the Selectman. I did not run for office since I am not a citizen. Mentioning those committees might raise a flag, since the reviewer might think that I ran for office without being a citizen. What shall I do here?

ANSWER: The same thing. Answer honestly, and then explain that you were appointed to positions, not elected, and that the positions did not require you to be a US citizen.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.