How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109007
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Situation: My Chinese girlfriend and I have been seeing each

Customer Question

Situation: My Chinese girlfriend and I have been seeing each other off and on for the past 4 years. She and I first met at the University of Hawaii, where we were both students. She was a foreign exchange student. After graduation, I began working in China as an English teacher. We decided that we wanted to get married, but the laws in China wouldn't allow a foreigner to marry a Chinese based on my visa.
We want to get married here in the states now. I came back from China this summer, and have now started working as a full-time high school teacher.
Question: based on our situation, what kind of visa should she apply for? I heard that the fiance visa requires me to have worked and paid taxes in America for the past two years. But I was in China. What can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So your spouse is not currently in the U.S. at this time? Does she have a visa to enter? Which?

Related Immigration Law Questions