How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4741
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the process of applying, EAD and Advanced Parole. My

Customer Question

I am in the process of applying for I485 , EAD and Advanced Parole.
My mother's first name is ***** ***** my passport as compared to my birth certificate.
What are the ramifications ? Does my passport need to be fixed with my mother's correct spelling?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What is most important in your case is that your mother's name is ***** ***** on your birth certificate. It is less important on the passport. Do not worry about correcting it just for the I-485, EAD, and advanced parole purposes. In the future, whenever you renew your passport, you can have it corrected.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, in case I get an RFE asking why my mother's name is ***** ***** my passport, what would I need to respond, since immigration asks scenario based qs.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can respond that it was a clerical error. However, I have never seen this happening. Even if it was your mother petitioning you for your I-485, then the important thing is how the name is ***** ***** your birth certificate. If this is not a family based petition, then it be even less of an issue.

Hope that helps to clarify and to earn your positive rating. Thanks!

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again:

I am just checking whether you were able to read my last answer to you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or something I can clarify in order to earn your positive rating.

Related Immigration Law Questions