How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29021
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a married couple age difference play a any part in

Customer Question

does a married couple age difference play a any part in getting green card?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

A large age difference is only one factor that is considered when USCIS is adjudicating a petition or the consulate is issuing a visa. It is a flag. Another flag is when there is no common language between the spouses.

It makes a difference whether you are applying for a fiance visa or spousal visa.

Also it makes a difference if you are doing consular processing or adjustment of status in the US.

Why? Because if adjusting status in the US you are able to live together and create a stronger case of a good faith marriage by establishing joint accounts and comingling your lives.

For example if your spouse is here in US you can gather documentary evidence such as the below examples

Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that you use your spouse's last name.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.

Are you married?

Is your spouse here in the US?


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.

Hello sir. I have many,many years experience with these types of cases and an anxious to help you and your fiance unite as quickly as possible with as little difficulty as possible. I will send you an email offer for a telephone discussion if you feel that would be helpful to you.