How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109007
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are travelling to Vancouver on the 1st of

Customer Question

My husband and I are travelling to Vancouver on the 1st of October. We will be landing for a few hours in Chicago to pick up our Swiss Air plane. I applied for and received an ESTA for myself but was unable to get one for my husband as we found out that he does not have a chip in his passport. On the 10 September I applied for a C1 transit visa for him. He is 80 years old and a permanent resident of Australia although he is travelling on a swiss passport. How likely is it that we will receive his transit visa in time for travel on the 1st October? Should we at this stage write the visa off and apply to reroute our flight over Canada instead of America. This of course will cost a lot extra. I have already paid $224 just to be in transit for a few hours. Can you advise me. Jennifer Fahrni
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I would give it another week or so, maybe contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate and explain the situation and ask them to expedite. If they have not helped you within a week or so, I would change the flight. Even though they may process quicker, there is still no guarantee of approval of the C-1 transit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Related Immigration Law Questions