How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed concurrent filing mother who is visiting on B2 visa

Customer Question

I filed concurrent filing for my mother who is visiting on B2 visa and her visa is expiring in December. Can she stay legally after her visitor visa expires if my I-130 and I 485 is in pending state
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

Yes, once she filed the I-485 together with the I-130, she is considered to be in a temporary legal status and she can remain in the US legally even when her B2 I-94 (allowed time in the US) expires.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again- I am just checking whether you received my answer to you. Do you have any additional questions about this? Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything so that I may earn your positive rating.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the answer..incase she has some document which is missing will they send a request asking for that document..and meanwhile we provide the info can she stay legally
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if anything was missing or wrong, USCIS will send a Request for Additional Evidence RFE, and give you time to reply. She would still be here legally while you reply.

Hope that helps!

Related Immigration Law Questions