How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4861
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was abandoned by my wife. July 1 2014. I am disable

Customer Question

I was abandoned by my wife. July 1 2014. I am disable veteran. Suffering from depression and anxiety I have provider everything for her and the kids. I found out she having an affair and a abandoned me I don't even know where they are what can I do as far as deportation married 4 year 8 months please help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. First, I am so sorry that this has happened to you and thank you for your service to our country. I will be honest with you, it is difficult for her to be deported at this point because she does have her permanent greencard but it is not impossible. To do that, you will have to report her to DHS Homeland Security Investigations and they will have to investigate the case and see if there is evidence of fraud or if she married you just to get an immigration benefit. If you have any evidence that she did marry you only to get an immigration benefit, you should try to gather than evidence and have it ready for when they ask you for it. This can be voicemails, emails, text messages or witnesses that heard her saying this to you.

You live in California, so you have to contact one of these offices - the one nearest to you- to begin the investigation. Give them a call and explain the story to them.

SAC San Diego

185 West F Street Suite 600

San Diego, CA, 92101

Phone:(###) ###-####br />

SAC Los Angeles

501 West Ocean Boulevard Suite 7200

Long Beach, CA,###-##-####/p>

Phone:(###) ###-####br />

SAC San Francisco

*****Room 890

San Francisco, CA, 94111

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

I wish you the best of luck and I hope this answer has helped you.

If i misunderstood your question or didn't answer it clearly, please let me know and I will clarify.

Please remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING today as that is the only way that I receive credit for my work and time. Your question will not close after you rate me and you will not be charged again for rating me or for asking a follow up question.

If you have other questions in the future, you can begin your new post with FOR JENNIFER to make sure that I answer it for you.

Bonuses are kindly appreciated.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again:

I just wanted to check in if you had been able to read my answer and if you had any follow up questions.

Please let me know and please keep in mind that I don't receive a salary from the website. I only receive credit when you leave a positive rating. Thanks for your consideration.