How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109324
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband (married years) was deported in absentia 12 yrs

Customer Question

My husband (married for 3 years) was deported in absentia 12 yrs ago. I am a US born citizen, he is from China. We have been together 7 years. We have no children. Questions: 1) What do I and my husband need to file besides an I-130 and bona fide marriage exemption with USCIS? 2) What district is best for these deportation cases? Should we move to CA or NY? 3) What are the normal steps we will have to go through and is success (US citizenship for my husband) at all possible?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Why was your spouse placed in removal proceedings? What was the visa that he used to enter the U.S.?