Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Quick question on applying VISA to India. I had a public

Customer Question

Quick question on applying for a VISA to India. I had a public intoxication and resisting in 1996, subsequently expunged. I also have my global entry card. Do I need to say yes to being convicted on the supplemental visa application?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

We are in a forum that is U.S. immigration law. Are you asking specifically if you will have a problem getting into India?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see your answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is do I need to declare a misdemeanor public intox conviction from 1996 that was expunged on my visa application?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
applying for an India Visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you will have a problem getting into Canada, India or the U.S.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
India, I have been very clear. Can you answer my direct question?

No. I cannot answer your question because I am a U.S. immigration attorney. I would like to transfer your question to the Canadian law forum, but I think you want to know about the laws of India. We don't have such a forum and I'm the nice guy that is not given a salary to be here, so for no compensation, I am responding to you when I shouldn't be, but I am because I care. I wish the company recognized that. Anyway, please verify that your question is about the laws in India.