Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Im a us citizen can i marry in georgia with a foreigner even

Customer Question

im a us citizen can i marry in georgia with a foreigner even if the foreigner is not present
Submitted: 2 years ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

USCIS will not recognize a proxy marriage unless the marriage is consummated before the visa petition is filed. You may as well go to her country and marry and be assured that the marriage will be valid for immigration purposes.

Have you met this person face to face? If you have had a face to face meeting within the last two years you can bring them here as your fiance to marry within 90 days of their entry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

My apologies, I did not get notification you wanted to have a telephone discussion.

Judith