Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Thanks have had a work permit years now they stopped

Customer Question
thanks have had a work...
thanks have had a work permit for many years now they stopped renewing will I be able to renew this permit again
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

On what grounds have you had the EAD?

What reason did USCIS give for denying the renewal?

Judith

Lulac
none will let you know is what they said
have been in the country 26 years

LULAC cases have for the most part all been adjudicated. What happened to your application for adjustment of status. All LULAC claims had to file for adjustment of status by 2002.

Judith

what happens now

I don't know what you mean. Did you file the I-485 adjustment of status before the deadline in 2002?

What was the decision on your adjustment of status?

it was denied

Then if your adjustment of status was denied you are no longer eligible for extensions of your EAD unless your case in in some form of appeals.

Judith.

Is there something I can do or I will go back home with the money I have saved .

There is nothing you can do unless you have married a US citizen or have a US citizen child over the age of 21.

It is too late for you to claim asylum now and to the best of my knowledge all LULAC class members have had their adjustment of status decided. It appears yours was decided and denied. You would now be subject to being put into removal (deportation) proceedings. If you are ordered to appear before an immigration judge you could then seek cancellation of removal but you have to prove your deportation would cause extreme hardship to a US citizen spouse or child.

If you have neither of those then you may want to retire back in your country with the funds you have saved.

Judith

thanks for your help

You are welcome, please remember that experts are only paid for their time if the customer gives a positive rating by choosing either a smiley face or a star. It is VERY important for you to select one of those for me.

Thank you and good luck

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer