How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28811
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks have had a work permit years now they stopped

Customer Question

thanks have had a work permit for many years now they stopped renewing will I be able to renew this permit again
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

On what grounds have you had the EAD?

What reason did USCIS give for denying the renewal?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none will let you know is what they said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have been in the country 26 years
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

LULAC cases have for the most part all been adjudicated. What happened to your application for adjustment of status. All LULAC claims had to file for adjustment of status by 2002.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happens now
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean. Did you file the I-485 adjustment of status before the deadline in 2002?

What was the decision on your adjustment of status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was denied
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Then if your adjustment of status was denied you are no longer eligible for extensions of your EAD unless your case in in some form of appeals.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there something I can do or I will go back home with the money I have saved .
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing you can do unless you have married a US citizen or have a US citizen child over the age of 21.

It is too late for you to claim asylum now and to the best of my knowledge all LULAC class members have had their adjustment of status decided. It appears yours was decided and denied. You would now be subject to being put into removal (deportation) proceedings. If you are ordered to appear before an immigration judge you could then seek cancellation of removal but you have to prove your deportation would cause extreme hardship to a US citizen spouse or child.

If you have neither of those then you may want to retire back in your country with the funds you have saved.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, please remember that experts are only paid for their time if the customer gives a positive rating by choosing either a smiley face or a star. It is VERY important for you to select one of those for me.

Thank you and good luck