Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a card resident holder since 2009 and I have a Thai

Customer Question
Hi, I am a green...
Hi, I am a green card resident holder since 2009 and I have a Thai passport. I am planing to go to Spain for 10 days. Do I need a visa to go to Spain ?
I probably go around mid of November or December. Also I am going to apply for US citizenship the end of this month. Is that possible for me to travel to Spain ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/8/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Because you are not a US Citizen yet, you do not get the benefits of visa arrangements for US Citizens with other countries. When you travel, you travel on your Thai passport until your US Citizenship is granted.

As such, one does need a visa to Spain, and can apply at one's nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate.

Because the trip abroad should only be for 10 days, it should not affect any citizenship application filed later on.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Ely, Counselor at Law