Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a firs degree felony and I need to Renew my card but

Customer Question
I have a firs degree...
I have a firs degree felony and I need to Renew my green card but I am scared I might get deported I did one year in county jail is their hope for me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/3/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

I'm going to need you to explain a little better. What do you mean when you say you were in the process of deportation? _ were you before an immigration judge? IF so , did the judge terminate your immigration case?

ice got a hold on me when I was in county jail 6years ago for a first degree felony I just did 7 month's I got an immigration. Lawyer and he got my case vacated because they didnt tell me the consequences of pleading guilty and they release me to come back and have a fair trial but then after all my courts the judge left e with a year of county jail and 3 years of probation and before my case got vacated I had a scentwnce of 364 days
I also have a under the influence of a control substance. But that one didn't show up when I was in custody of ice

Thank you but that doesn't answer my case.. What happened with your immigration case? Did you see an immigration judge?

I mean, doesn't answer my question. Sorry

I guess nothi g they release me for a fair trial I do t know if that's how you say it but I am scared now cause I needed to renew but I have papers say I. The disposition. Was 365 days and I guess the felony y still stayed but I don't wan to go renew if I have those charges because I might get deported is their anything o can do to reduce my felony so the charges are not dreportable o. My court the lawyer just told me they were going to release me
I had to Renew in 2014 on December
I went to an immigration attorney and she checked my a number and says no charges but I am looking for options before going to renew my green card

What is the current crime that appears as you being convicted for?

first degree residential burglary that the crime I commited

Yes, but you said something was vacated. What is it that your record shows you were actually convicted of?

To tell you the truth I don't have any of the papers the attorney never gave me nothing but all he said that he could vacated the felony and another drug charbed that I had reduce to a misdemeanor bit yes it was the felonyi really don't know from were to start of in the criminal side or immigration

I'm sorry, but before I can answer you that is a very important/vital thing that you need to know. I cannot know whether you will have issues renewing your green card if I don't know what exact crime is on your record now. I suggest you do some research and go to the local courthouse and ask for your entire criminal record. Most important you want to ask for your disposition. That is your first step. Once you have that, you can return to this site and begin a new question post once you have all the required information.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

I went to the court house and got the record but they just gave me.the disposition and it was a sentence of 365 days but I can't get access to all my recoding cause they told me after certain years they get destroyed and the can just give me the disposition and the charge I have those

I will be happy to help you, but please keep in mind that I don't receive a salary from this website. The only way I receive credit is if you leave a positive rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney