Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a Job offer from a US company and They want to

Customer Question
hello I have a Job...
hello I have a Job offer from a US company and They want to support me to get a working US visa.
I am Iranian and at the moment I have a Canadian PR.
I want to know that, will the working visa be single entry or it can be multiple entry?
thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/3/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You only get one entry and the visa is valid for only 3 months.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IR.html

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

is there any special type of visa that they can apply for me? to work there for a few years ?

There are no "special" work visas for Canadian PRs.

There is the H1B professional work visa.

This is for one who holds a Bachelor degree or higher or it's equivalent and is a lottery program. There are only a total of 85,000 available yearly and the employer files on April 1st. You would not be able to begin work until Oct 1st of 2016 since all visas are taken for this year beginning 10/01.

There is the J-1 visa with various categories.

See this link for a program underwhich you may fall

http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/

If you are working for a multinational company there is a L1 visa transfer from foreign company to US company.

If you are a person of exceptional ability who has risen to the top of your field and are recognized nationally or internationally there is the O-1 visa.

Judith

Was the information helpfu?

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer