How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109030
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed an I-130 form my mother in Mexico. I am collecting

Customer Question

I filed an I-130 form my mother in Mexico. I am collecting civil documents to submit to NVC and am having problems getting the Federal Police Certificate. She has the local and state police certificates, but would have to got to Mexico City to get the Federal. Does she need all three even if she has had no prior arrests? Could I submit the two she has (local and state) then bring the Federal certificate to the interview? Also about how long will it take to receive an appointment after submitting the documents? I will be moving in December, how will I change my address and will that affect the case? My mother cannot see well, will I be able to enter the interview with her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I would submit what she has and take the federal to the interview just to move the case along. If the NVC is not satisfied with what is sent in, they will let you know. If course, that can delay the case another month or so. So it really depends on what is more important to you, the slight risk of delay or the inconvenience of the trip to D.F. As far as the time it will take to get the appointment, that is not easy to say because each Embassy or Consulate has different time schedules and may be more busy than another. I would roughly say 1 to 3 months.

As to the change of address, here is a link:

And as to the interview, they most likely will not let you into the interview, but you can ask and she can certainly make them aware that she needs special accommodations.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you!

Related Immigration Law Questions