How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28865
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Together with my husband im filing removal of my temporary

Customer Question

together with my husband im filing for the removal of my temporary greencard can I do that on line?if not,is it wise for an immigration lawyer to do it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

The I-751 is really a simple form to complete. The primary issues with removal of the conditional status come into play if you do not have sufficient evidence of a good faith marriage.

Often an interview is waived for a joint filing if you are able to produce documentation covering the duration of the marriage to prove the marriage was entered into for love and not for the immigration benefit.

Do you have joint tax returns; insurance policies, lease or mortgage, accounts, utilities in both names, etc?

Let me know what your evidence documenting the marriage will consist of and I will tell you if you need a lawyer.

This is a request for information and do not click on the rating yet. I want additional info first to give you a proper answer.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Here are some examples to help you:

Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that you use your spouse's last name.

Vacation pictures; holiday celebration pictures, airline tickets for trips taken together.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

E-file is not available for the I-751 and since you live in NJ you would file it by mail or Fedex with the Vermont Service center.

Let me know what evidence you will be using to accompany the form.


Related Immigration Law Questions