How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4750
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently working on a H1B visa. I would like to change

Customer Question

I am currently working on a H1B visa. I would like to change my status to H4 and also would like to apply for the EAD to continue working.
My question is how can i change my status and also get EAD without any gap in my employment.
I have read online about H4 status effective date which can be used while applying for the COS. This date means that the H4 status will be effective from that date. Please let me know if i can use this in my case.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I am assuming that your spouse has H1B status. Does your spouse have an approved I-140 or if your spouse on a H1B visa beyond the 6th year through AC21?