How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married in 1989 before automation:) How is that

Customer Question

I was married in 1989 before automation:) How is that verified through the IMBRA form? Is my ex-wife's name listed too? I am concerned with this information being sent overseas and I feel I would need my ex wife to ok this, which may be a problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The only way for them to confirm any data is through a public records search. Public records (if entered) have marriage and divorce data included. Nobody needs to okay a public records search, those are open to the public. It is up to the party applying to provide as much proof as they can, like a copy of the divorce decree proving divorce.

Related Immigration Law Questions