Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Question: How to obtain citizenship displaced person who

Customer Question

Question:
How to obtain citizenship for a displaced person who fell through the cracks?
Facts:
- Born in Cambodia
- US Military brought him to US at age of 14 as part of Operation Babylift, which brought orphans from Vietnam War to America to be adopted
- Was adopted into an abusive home, new parents never Naturalized or kept records
- Currently is homeless with no citizenship, not even the ability to return back to Cambodia
What steps need to be taken to obtain citizenship in this kind of circumstance, where he was brought to America without ID or paperwork and does not possess any US given paperwork? And/or the ability to travel back to his home country of Cambodia without (currently) a Passport or citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney trying to help you today.

In what year was he brought to the US?

Hello again: I just wanted to confirm that you had received my question for additional information. I cannot answer you until you reply to me. When you do that I will be able to help you.

Thanks.