How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5225
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question: How to obtain citizenship displaced person who

Customer Question

How to obtain citizenship for a displaced person who fell through the cracks?
- Born in Cambodia
- US Military brought him to US at age of 14 as part of Operation Babylift, which brought orphans from Vietnam War to America to be adopted
- Was adopted into an abusive home, new parents never Naturalized or kept records
- Currently is homeless with no citizenship, not even the ability to return back to Cambodia
What steps need to be taken to obtain citizenship in this kind of circumstance, where he was brought to America without ID or paperwork and does not possess any US given paperwork? And/or the ability to travel back to his home country of Cambodia without (currently) a Passport or citizenship?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney trying to help you today.

In what year was he brought to the US?

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello again: I just wanted to confirm that you had received my question for additional information. I cannot answer you until you reply to me. When you do that I will be able to help you.