How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108710
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was a senior in gh school let me add (special

Customer Question

my daughter was a senior in high school let me add (special needs student) she was dating a boy that we later found out was illegal his family had been here for 10yrs using other peoples ss # ***** last names avoiding the law this boy talked my daughter into going to the court hose getting married during school one day. we were livid and tried endlessly to do something .this boy then hired an attorney to do his paper work to get legal and I called the attorneys office to let them know the circumstances and we did not approve of this .they still went through with this .it now is on the 2yr mark and the boy wants a divorce he no longer needs my daughter .his family still uses innocent victims ss# ***** this boy used and abused my daughter to get what he needed is there anything I can do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, you can absolutely do something and I strongly urge you to do so. People like that should not get away with using others, especially in that type of situation. The boy will suffer two major penalties and I hope you are able to meet with success in reporting him. The first is under 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), which provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

The second penalty is that he will never be able to get Residency again permanently, not even if he marries someone for real and not even if he has U.S. Citizen children.

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

1) You can go to and file the report there.

2) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(866)(###) ###-####

3) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!