How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108979
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Chinese Finance has her Interview K1 Visa and two K2

Customer Question

My Chinese Finance has her Interview for a K1 Visa and two K2 visas for her daughters. One daughters family name is Hu (her ex-husband's family name) and her youngest daughter's family name has her mom's family name. Unfortunately, the embassy sent her
an interview letter where the youngest daughter's last name was wrong; the embassy letter had both daughter's last name as Hu. She completed and paid for the medical exam but since the youngest daughter's last name was wrong, the doctor will not give her the
medical exam package. She showed them her youngest daughter's birth certificate, passport, national ID card, and notarized document from her ex-husband giving her daughter's permission to come to USA, but the doctor will not give her the medical package. The
embassy said they would send her the correct interview letter. She has already paid for plane tickets and hotels but is afraid that she will not get the correct interview letter from the consulate before the interview. Question: What should she do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is the name wrong or are they just saying that it is wrong but they are incorrect? Do you have any court document that states what the actual name is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the interview letter has the wrong name for one of the daughter's. The doctor will not release the medical records to her because the name on the interview letter is incorrect. She showed them three government documentsthat have the correct name. Even so, the doctor will not release the medical record because the interview letter has the wrong last name for the youngest daughter
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I think the solution is simple, if she doesn't get the correct interview letter in time, have her go to another doctor that will do the examination and hand it over accepting the other government documents that have her correct name.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are absolutely correct that I am very disappointed with your response. Your response demonstrates that you do not understand this particular situation. Could I suggest that you place my question back into the pool and I will use one of the lawyers that have demonstrated excellent experience in Chinese Immigration?Respectively,Tim
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You think we have one of those available? I have 13+ years of experience in U.S. immigration and this is U.S. immigration, not Chinese immigration. And I also have over 7 years of being part of this website, having the highest customer service rating of all the active experts, and I am pretty sure that as far as family immigration goes, there aren't any active immigration experts on this site that have the experience with someone from China immigrating to the U.S. that you feel would be necessary to answer your question. If you do not believe that I know enough about this situation, why don't you explain to me why you believe my simple solution is not correct? It seems to me that if a doctor in China is not willing to release a medical exam because of an incorrect identity document, why wouldn't another be available that would release the medical exam?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Tim, I'd like to help you out, but I know for a fact that most immigration attorneys with the experience with Chinese matters that you seek are normally located in California. Of the 5 active immigration experts on this site, two are in Florida, two are in Texas, and one is in the Washington D.C. area. It just seems to me that the issue you are having is not with a U.S. government entity, but a local Chinese doctor in China. Am I wrong about that? I mean if it is an error of the U.S. government with the letter that they issued, I can explain to you how to get them to move faster in issuing another letter, but it would probably be easier to at least speak to another doctor in China and see if they are willing to do the medical exam and release using the current letter.

Related Immigration Law Questions