Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Im citizen I need to bring my mom here. she is 82 y. old.

Customer Question
HI, Im citizen I...
HI, Im citizen I need to bring my mom here. she is 82 y. old. she have visa she was here 3 times. Im the only one who can take care her. she need to live whith me.
i plan to bring her, soon. whit visa. Which is the best way to solicit her permanent residency, o ajust of estatus, here when she come whith visa or she need to wait in my coutry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/19/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Which is the visa that she normally uses to come into the U.S.? When was the last time that she was here?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you are a U.S. Citizen, you can file an I-130 for her and do the IR-5 process to bring her to the U.S. Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/family/family-preference.html

The process can take about a year. If there is some urgency, you can try to expedite the process. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

If she gets or has a B-2 tourist visa, she can enter the U.S. and later apply for Adjustment of Status, but this is dangerous because if they figure out what she intends to do at the port of entry, one of three things could happen:

a) They will allow her to withdraw her request to enter the U.S. and she can go home, no penalty.

b) They will not allow her to withdraw her request to enter the U.S. and will order her excluded. This has a 5 year penalty that she cannot come back unless she gets a very hard to get waiver.

c) They will not allow her to withdraw her request to enter the U.S. and they catch her in a lie and they exclude her with a permanent bar due to fraud and/or misrepresentation and with that charge she cannot come back unless she gets a very hard to get waiver.

So because of that risk, I cannot recommend that she try to enter on a B-2 tourist visa.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.