Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a U.S. Citizen. My siisters got their visa application

Customer Question
denied. To to reverse the...
I am a U.S. Citizen. My siisters got their visa application denied. To to reverse the decision. File for appeal? Add what type of additional information
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/19/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

What country are your sisters from? What documentation did they present? Are they married? Have children?

They are from brasil, the counsel did not ask for documentation. I sent form I-134 but the counselor did get to see it. One is married, one has kids, the other one is single.

Unfortunately there is no appeal from a denial of a visa. All they can do is reapply whenever they want but this time take documentation and insist of presenting it, EVEN if the consular officer does not ask for it. They have to prove to the officer that they have no intentions of remaining in the US permanently if they are allowed to enter as a tourist. Some documents they can take are:

-proof of a valid employment in Brazil that will be waiting for them

-proof of property ownership in Brazil (house, car)

- Proof of bank account in Brazil

- Proof of close family staying in Brazil, not traveling also

- proof of religious ties

- proof of cultural ties

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello, I just wanted to check if you were able to read my answer to you? Let me know if I can clarify anything for you. You can ask me more questions even after you leave a rating.

Please keep in mind that I do not receive a salary from this website. I only receive credit when you leave a positive rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney