How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4882
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed husband to cone to united states he attended

Customer Question

I filed for my husband to cone to united states he attended interview for immigrant visa they asked for our daughter birth certificate but my husbands name is ***** ***** the birth certificate and it takes a long procedure to add my husband name and he might lose his visa because it is taking forever to include his name and we dont want to miss this opportunity of the visa what do we do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

If the consular officer asked for the birth certificate then you should do everything in your power to try to get it as quickly as possible. This is the best proof that you can get that your marriage is a bona fide (genuine) marriage and that is likely why they want to see it. Without it, they may not feel there is enough evidence to approve the case.

Your husband will not lose his visa while you wait to get this. They are aware that you and your husband are trying to get the additional document. They will send him letters from the embassy if his petition is in danger to be canceled and they will give him the opportunity to respond before canceling it. They will not just cancel it. Just try to begin the process of the birth certificate immediately.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Related Immigration Law Questions