How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4754
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently in this same situation as described exactly.

Customer Question

I am currently in this same situation as described exactly. I have already (unfortunately) paid a supposed travel agent over $3200 for a woman to fly here. He is holding onto the money waiting for me to send more fore this "declaration of funds" but I told him to just send back my $3200 instead so is there an authority there in Ghana to make him send back my money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I am going to give you a couple of options that you can try in your situation.

1) You can legally get an attorney and try to file a lawsuit in Ghana to get the money you sent back but the issue with that is that the person you have been speaking to more than likely used an unreal name and gave you fake information so it becomes very difficult to follow through with an actual law suit. You may end up spending more money to get an attorney that in the end, cannot do anything.

2) Reach our and the Ghana Embassy located in Washington, DC. You can find their contact info here: Once you contact them, you can report the details of what has happened to you and they may be able to give additional help.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. The scammers are very good at what they do . I really hope that you are able to recover something back from these awful people.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I sent you your answer but I don't think you have been able to view it.
Please let me know if you have follow up questions when you do.
Thank you.