How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5210
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on L1 visa working employer. I applied (Cap exempted)

Customer Question

I am on L1 visa working for an employer. I applied for H1B (Cap exempted) while working for my current employer on my L1B. My H1B is now approved and I'd like to resign with my current employer and pursue work with my H1B employer. My current L1 employer has unclear policy on my relieving since I am still on Indian payroll and em bieng paid Perdeim in US. WOuld my employer be able to enforce any Bond or dictate terms that require me to compenstae the L1B expenses (perdeims, relocation charges, accomodation charges etc)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

Please tell me where are these terms that you are referring to?

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
HI again:
I"m not sure if you saw my last information request.
I need to know where are the terms that you mention written? Do you have a contract with the employer covering this?