Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

One of my friend filed i-130 daughter. When she filed I-130,

Customer Question
One of my friend filed...
One of my friend filed i-130 for her daughter. When she filed I-130, her daughter was divorcee and daughter has 3 unmarried children at that time. The petition was approved and the case is at NVC now. The petitioner submitted all the fee including visa
fee ($325.00 each) for the beneficiary and her 3 children. The principal applicant (beneficiary) filled out her DS-260 Immigrant visa form and submitted to the NVC. Beneficiary's children also filled the DS-260 Immigrant visa form, but when they tried to submit
DS-260 form it shows the status Not Available. Do you know what is the reason and why the children of beneficiary are not able to submit the DS-260. The status shows Only applicants who will immigrate to the US at the same time as the principal applicant can
fill DS-260 at this time. The children of beneficiary are now 28,27 and 25 years of age. Can you help to submit DS-260 for the children of my friend's beneficiary?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/14/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, I don't have very good news. The likely reason the daughters are not included is because they are now over 21 years old. That means they have aged-out of the petition that was filed for them. They are no longer considered "children" under immigration law, and therefore do not qualify as derivative beneficiaries under their mother's case.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

But the visa fee ($325.00) for all applicants and civil documents are submitted to the NVC. If the children are over aged then why NVC sent the fee invoice for all four applicants

When was it submitted?

on 07/07/2015
That's why I am wondering, the DS-260 shows for all four applicants earlier and they filled out all the DS-260 forms but at the time of submission it shows not available. Only one Ds-260 was submitted yesterday that was for the principal applicant only.
I m waiting for your response. Are you there?

Yes, I am here. But I am working with several customers at the same time, so delays are inevitable. I am doing the best I can to attend to all customers fairly.

Please be patient, as the only fair way to do this is to answer int he order questions are received. When you post asking me to respond, it puts your question to the bottom of my list. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.

But you said the fee was paid, and then they filed the DS-260 application?

DS-260 was submitted only for the principal applicant but not for her children. They fill up the DS-260, but at the end at the time of submission, it shows Not Available. Thats why I am asking you that how can they submit their DS-260

Let's start from the beginning.

The principal beneficiary was unmarried and was petitioned by her parent. What is the parent's status in the US now?

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer