How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108957
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was refused a visa under section 212(a) (2)(c-1) on the

Customer Question

Hi I was refused a visa under section 212(a) (2)(c-1) on the basis of information recieved from a disgruntled ex girlfriend that I could be a drug dealer . what can do I to have this matter looked into properly. thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Did they exclude you at the Port of Entry or they denied you a visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate? When did the denial happen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They denied me a visa on renewal of my 5years multiple b1b2 visa at the US consulate in Ghana. I was initially denied under section 214 but I was called a week later that an officer wanted to talk to me, I happily thought he had rescinded his decision and was going to invite me to apply again - on arrival he handed me a a refusal worksheet and said I had been banned permanently from traveling to the US . when I asked the reason for the ban he replied and I quote ( we have information on drug trafficking.) and that was it, 2.5years ago. An ex girlfriend one I had known for about 3months had threatened me just a month before when I was in the USA to have me deported and I quote her exact words ( william I can have you deported I am in the military you know if you don't stop saying mean things to me ) she further went on to say she was actually in the process of doing it . I did not think there was anything to panic about since I was in the US legally and had not broken any laws but to my dismay when I got back to Ghana and on a routine renewal which I had done a few times before I realised she had carried out her threat, she continues to deny responsibility , she accepts she threatened but did not carry it out. Based on information that I gathered from my contacts in the US consulate ,I was told a woman reported that I was not credible and seem to live quite lavishly, and the reason why I was not banned initially was because they were waiting for info from US immigration . I have had unofficial checks done in the US to ascertain whether I am on any DEA database , All negative. I do not know any family or friends who has been involved in drugs or had problems with the police, its so far from my world .So that is my story Guillermo.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said before I am now married to an American citizen and we are resident in Spain - I also have a son who was born in the US and lives with his mother in Hartford CT . I was a very frequent visitor to the US averaging 6 trips a year. my feeling is that might have given some credibility to the false allegation.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. You applied for a tourist visa or are you planning to immigrate? And you have no criminal record, no investigations against you that could support a finding of involvement in trafficking?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure how this site works - I just narrated my story in detail and all I am getting from you is set questions that that has already been been addressed in my story - I am begging to doubt the authenticity of this site therefore I will dispute any payment that I have made to yourselfs - I am informing my bank to call back payment if you do not credit me back - I sense fraud
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Sir, threats are not necessary. I am here to help, and you are NOT charged additional for questions that I ask you nor additional questions that you ask me. You are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I have not given you an answer yet because I need more information from you. U.S. immigration law is the second most complicated law in the U.S. Because of that, I need to verify certain things. So I will ask again, you applied for a tourist visa or are you planning to immigrate? And you have no criminal record, no investigations against you that could support a finding of involvement in trafficking?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

I do see where you state that you have never even had a parking ticket and that's great, but I need to know if you have ever been the subject of any investigation. Have you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have not been the subject of any investigation and have never had any form of encounter with the police - I do not have a criminal record - there must be some mis-communication going on here and if so then I am sorry , can you pls confirm if you received my detailed response to your question about when and where I was refused a visa because I believe I stated the type of visa I applied for B1 B2 which is a tourist / business visa.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know what my options are , filling to immigrate or asking for non immigrant waiver since I am a spouse of a US citizen or just simply petitioning for reconsideration or if there is a court process one can avail himself to
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

No need to be sorry. You paid for a service and I am here to help. You have 100% control here. Even after I give you my answers, you can still ask for a full refund and the website gives you no issues in that regard. I'm the only one that can lose here! So don't worry. I will do my best to help you. So basically, you are thinking that she used her connections in the military to have you blacklisted, correct? Did the U.S. Embassy give you any documentation that says anything meaningful on it?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

I wouldn't mind seeing that document, but what I would do first is try to get a copy of your file to review it. You can do that by filing a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request. Here is a link:

You would then apply again with evidence of a clean record and I would have your U.S. Citizen spouse contact her U.S. Congressmen and get them involved in the process. Remember that she has two U.S. Senators and one U.S. Representative. So if one isn't too helpful, she can try another. They have staff dedicated to immigration matters, so getting them involved and proving to them that you have no such ties or dealings should put pressure on the U.S. Embassy to get it right and not to take an ex-girlfriend's word for things without some other corroborating evidence. Here is a link to get you started with contacting the U.S. Congressmen:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions