How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28813
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to apply busnisse visa in usa.

Customer Question

Hi, I want to apply for a busnisse visa in usa.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to apply for a business Visa
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Are you able to invest in your business?

Do you have an employer willing to sponsor you?

What kind of business visa are you asking about?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have an employer willing to sponser me. I need a B1 business Visa.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

These are the reasons one can use a B1 visa:

(CT:VISA-701; 02-15-2005)
Aliens should be classified B-1 visitors for business, if otherwise eligible, if they are
traveling to the United States to:
(1) Engage in commercial transactions, which do not involve gainful
employment in the United States (such as a merchant who takes orders for
goods manufactured abroad);
(2) Negotiate contracts;
(3) Consult with business associates;
(4) Litigate;
(5) Participate in scientific, educational, professional, or business conventions,
conferences, or seminars; or
(6) Undertake independent research.

Which is your reason?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I need a L1 business visa.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

I took time based on your asking about a B1 to answer you. Please try to give to the correct information.

L1A or L1B?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry L1 please.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

L1A or L1B?

I am going to take a dinner break.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oky it a L1B visa that I need
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Then the US company needs to file the L1B petition for you on form I-129.

The employer in the US must establish you have "specialized knowledge" which gives you proprietary information specific to the company. The USCIS has given a guidance memo on what it means to have specialized knowledge and please refer to page 6 of this link

special knowledge, which is knowledge of the petitioning employer’s product,
service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or other interests and its
applications in international markets that is demonstrably distinct or uncommon in
comparison to that generally found in the particular industry or within the petitioning
employer; or
• advanced knowledge, which is knowledge or expertise in the organization’s specific
processes and procedures that is not commonly found in the relevant industry and is
greatly developed or further along in progress, complexity and understanding than
that generally found within the petitioning employer.

It is very highly recommended that your US employer retain an experienced immigration attorney to prepare the petition and support letter so that it is very clear you meet the standards. Denials of L1B visa petitions are very high.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Related Immigration Law Questions