How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108656
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is a US permanent resident. Originally she is from

Customer Question

My wife is a US permanent resident. Originally she is from Gaza city in Gaza Strip.
The passport she holds now is "Travel Document for the Palestinian Refugees" issued by Egypt.
In her recent request for US Re-entry Permit, she put Palestine as the country of citizenship. This was not accepted by USCIS. They need her to select another country of citizenship or use "Stateless".
What is the correct "country of citizenship" for her status.
I would appreciate your advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Does she have any specific citizenship? Which?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She as many palestinian refugees are Palastinian people. Now Palestine has always been under occupation and the Palestinian people "refugees" has been issued passports and travel documents accirding to which coyntries rhey lived in or was in charge of them.
To us we state that her nationality is Palestinian but the passport she holds is issued by Egypt fir the palestinian people whi are originaly from Gaza, like my wife's case.
My question is for USCIS what is the correct categorization of her nationality
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If USCIS has not accepted Palestine and she has no other citizenship, then she should put stateless. There aren't really any other choices that I see.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions