Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Person is currently on E3 with Company ABC. The person

Customer Question
leaves the US and gets...
Person is currently on E3 with Company ABC. The person leaves the US and gets a new E3 visa with Company XYZ.
Is the person permitted to work with Company ABC?
- E3 visa for ABC was cancelled without prejudice
- LCA for ABC is still valid
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you todya.

Unfortunately, You can only work for the last employer that petitioned for your E3 visa. Your previous employer ABC would still need to file another I-129 to re-petition your E3 visa from them.

I'm sorry I dont have better news. I hope you can understand that I dont make the law and I can't change it. Hope youcan rate me based on my service. Please note I don't receive a salary from this website and I only receive any credit if you rate me.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

OK thanks - until what point can the person work for ABC?

This is a gray area, it is not officially written anywhere some say until the new I-129 petition is approved. Hope that helps.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney