How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28862
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife entered the United States before two weeks UNDER

Customer Question

My wife entered the United States before two weeks UNDER IR-1 Visa . they stamp the passport with IR-1 stamp only.
How long it takes to receive the Green Card (Plastic).
Under this type of visas Can she leave the United States before receiving the Green Card ?.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It usually takes one month to receive her actual card.

Look carefully at the immigrant visa. There should be an annotation on it that with her admission stamp she may enter the US using it as a temporary I-551 for one year.

If it is not on there she can make an InfoPass appt at and get a temporary I-551 stamp in her passport to travel.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.

See this sample. The annotation is right below the picture

Thank you in advance for your rating, experts are only compensated when you choose the stars or smiley faces.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, how are you? Did you find my answer helpful? Did you have a follow-up question?

Related Immigration Law Questions