How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108699
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the legal, custodial parent son, age 11. s father is

Customer Question

I am the legal, custodial parent for my son, age 11. His father is aCanadian citizen and has always wanted my son to have dual citizenship. However during our divorce I found out that my ex had been very deceitful throughout our marriage. He is also an ex cop that was forced to resign because of illegal stuff he was doing on the job. He has made comments in the past about taking off with our son to Canada, and I have recently found information that he wants to apply for citizenship for my son. However with all that I have found out about my ex while going through divorce, I believe he will try to do this without my knowledge and will forge my signature. Who can I notify to alert me if he tries this? I know there is an alert system pertaining to passports so is there something I can do for this?
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Here is a very good resource for you:

I would take steps to place your son on the Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP), contact the local police and inform them, contact the Canadian embassy or consulate and inform them as well and inquire if they have a similar program like CPIAP. They should. If you take those steps and take them quickly, you should be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions