How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28833
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on a visitor visa and want to enroll as a senior in gh

Customer Question

I am on a visitor visa and want to enroll as a senior in high school. Is this possible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

No, not unless the school has been certified by Immigration and Customs Enforcement to issue an I-20 Foreign Eligibility form and you apply to change status from B2 to F1.

You are in violation of your visitor status to attend school without changing status.

Your visa would be cancelled and you could face a 3 or 10 year bar to ever coming back to the US if you are in the US for more than 180 days after your 6 months expires.

You can go to this link and search if the school is SEVIS approved

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.