Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Me and my fiance are starting our k1 visa. We met online

Customer Question

Me and my fiance are starting our k1 visa. We met online through Brazil Cupid. Is that considered a marriage broker? I think not but am concerned what US immigration thinks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Which specific site are you referring to as "Cupid"? And why do you think that it is not a marriage broker? What evidence will you be able to use to prove that it is not?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brazil Cupid. The reason i think it is not is because they do not give out members contact information. It is up to each member to divulge their contact information or not. But i am not a lawyer lol

Ok. Here is a link to their Terms of Service:

https://www.brazilcupid.com/en/general/termsofuse

According to that, they are not, but the burden of proof is upon you, or your lawyer if you hire one, to prove it to USCIS. If you do it yourself, you will have to point out how Brazil Cupid does not meet the elements contained in IMBRA. If you hire an attorney, they would do it for you. You can look for one at www.ailalawyer.com. Here is a link to IMBRA:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1375a#d

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.