Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My boyfriend was an F-1 student and he committed DUI last

Customer Question
year. The case is closed...
My boyfriend was an F-1 student and he committed DUI last year. The case is closed and he has finished all the community services and required alcohol classes. Now he's return to his home country to renew his F-1 visa,he didn't say he has a DUI before,
but they found out his DUI history and ask him to go to the embassy to interview. Will he be refused by the Visa officer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/2/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

A simple DUI with no injuries to persons or damage to property would not make him inadmissible to the U.S., but he could be denied if they believe he has an issue with alcohol or is a danger to the community in the U.S. He will need to take with him certified copies of the police report and court disposition and proof that he has finished all the community service requirements. He should also be prepared to prove that he does not have an issue with alcohol and is not a danger to the community in the U.S. He can possibly do that with good moral character letters from friends, family, professors, classmates, etc.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.