How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12192
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 years ago I paid bond of $5,000 and get out from jail

Customer Question

Hi, 2 years ago I paid bond of $5,000 and get out from jail but obligator was my boss. and i have asylum case right now. My question is after my case is completely resolved can i take bond back without obligator. Because Obligator was my x-boss and i have some issues with him i think he is not going to help me to take the money back. Is there any other way to take a bond?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. I'm confused. Please answer the following: Who paid the money? If your boss is the obligor, he paid the money for you, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. He paid money. When i get out from jail i gave him back.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
And now you want to get the money he paid to immigration, since you already paid him back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes this is correct. Because he doesn't want to help me to get the money back. What can i do in this situation?
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you! During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding. Unfortunately, I don't have good news. There is not anything that you can do. The immigration service is not concerned about outside agreement that you made. So the fact that you already paid him back $5000 doesn't change the fact that it is his money that he paid the government, and that the government would give him back. That is how he guarantees you don't take off then released - he gets his money back when you appear where you are expected to. When you gave him the $5000, he no longer has a motivation to cooperate with the government. What happened is that you didn't pay him $5000, and he was forced to work with you and the government in order to get his money back. But the government can't force him to pay you back because you two made an outside agreement. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
In other words, the only person the government will pay back is the person who actually paid the bond to the government.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can he take money without my consent and presence?