How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28937
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live here years in the USA , I'm a green card holder

Customer Question

I live here for 3 years in the USA , I'm a green card holder , can I get my boyfriend in the Philippines even I'm not us citezen? And how it is if it's able to happen ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Mabyhay, my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.You would first have to go there and marry him to apply for him to come as a spouse of a permanent resident. Those who had a petition filed for them in Nov 2013 now are getting their visas.So it is about a 15 month wait for him to have his immigrant visa interview. This would still be faster than if you wait to apply for citizenship since you have 2 more years to wait and then you have to wait about 6 months to get sworn in and then you file the petition and that takes 5-6 months and then he has consular processing which is 4-5 months.So fastest is to go to PI and marry.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith