How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4880
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother got hold in jail and he had a hold of immigration

Customer Question

my brother got hold in jail and he had a hold of immigration what can i do to remove it
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. What is your brother's status in the US? What was he arrested for?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again..
I see that you were able to see by response but you did not answer me. If you do not answer me, I can't help you.
What is your brother's current immigration status in the US?
What is the crime he was arrested for?
Once you answer me, I can reply to you.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok he got inside the country with they permission for a minor procces i was his custody bout when he turn 18 he decide to leave the house and he moved to utah state he go cut selling drugs and hes in jail now bout he will be there for 60 days and then imigration will pick him upp
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm very sorry that this is happening to you , your brother and your family. Unfortunately, since it seems that your brother committed a crime having to do with drugs (controlled substance) immigration takes that very seriously and that's why they place the immigration hold on him. Legally they are allowed to do this. There is no way to remove it. What will happen is that once he is done with the criminal side, he will be transferred to an ICE detention center. You should hire an attorney close to him when he gets transferred so that the attorney can analyze the case and see if he qualifies for bond. Depending on what exact criminal drug charge he receives and for what drugs, he may be eligible for a bond to get our of immigration jail. The attorney can submit a Motion for Bond so that the judge can decide whether to allow him out while his immigration case is pending. If the criminal charge he receives is not considered a mandatory detention crime, he should be allowed to be released on bond and he would have to pay usually a few thousand dollars. In rare occurrences they will allow him to leave on his own recognizance, which means he doesn't have to pay anything. I'm sorry that there is no way to remove the immigration hold and you just have to wait until his criminal jail is over and giht the immigration case separately. I hope you can understand that I do not make the law and I cannot change it. Hope you can rate me based on my service. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Were you able to see my answer?

Related Immigration Law Questions